Fantastic Nursing Jobs in the UAE
We recently ran an advert on the Nursing Agencies List for A&E Nurses to work in Abu Dhabi, UAE. On the face of it the job seemed fantastic and the pay was even more so – £61,167 per year tax free! It seemed like a dream job for A&E nurses who could effectively earn about 3x their normal salary per year.
The package included:
- £61,167 per year – (tax free)
- 1 free return air ticket – (per year of contract)
- Fully furnished 1-bedroom apartment – (on single status)
- 1 year contract – (renewable on performance)
- Shift working pattern – (in the A&E Department)
- On your days off – (go shopping in Dubai!)
However despite the great package a number of agency A&E specialists gave feedback on reasons why this wasn’t the ideal job for them:
- Working full-time for a minimum of 12 months – they liked the flexibility of working for short periods and then taking time out to do the things they enjoyed
- Potential disruption
- Possibly having to give up their accommodation in order to go
- Not being able to see their friends and families
In this particular case the nurses were required to start within 6 weeks and so the decision making process about whether to apply was short to the extreme. Any nurses with any doubts at all about their ability to organise a change in their life to make themselves available would most likely count themselves out straight away.
That leaves jobs like this to the lucky few who have the right skills and the flexibility to simply put their current life in mothballs while the shoot off to another part of the world – perhaps still living with your parents might not always be a bad thing 😉