40 Senior Midwives Needed for Qatar
UPDATE – See our latest recruitment campaign for Senior Midwives, Clinical Nurse Specialists and General Nurses – Find out more >>>
We recently completed a campaign to recruit Senior Midwives for Qatar Recruiting For Clinical Midwifery Specialists To Work In Qatar.
We are looking for experienced and ambitious Midwives to take a leading role in a fresh initiative to develop a Midwifery-led system within Qatar.
Qatar is one of the best countries in the world to live and work in.
Here are just some of the reasons why:
- Tax free salary, including a number of allowances.
- Outstanding education, healthcare and sports facilities.
- The cost of living in Qatar is one of the lowest amongst the Gulf States.
- Qatar has a more temperate climate compared to other Gulf States.
- Qatar has an extremely low crime rate.
- Excellent social scene for expatriates.
- Easy access to other gulf resorts for weekend breaks and shopping.
Salary package ranges from QR 22,000 to QR 31,000 per month tax free (Convert to £ in new window), with the following benefits:
- AccommodationProvided as appropriate to job title.
- Annual Leave40 days.
- Free Flights – A free return flight (economy) is allowed each year. It is possible to cash in the value of these flights and fly elsewhere.
- Conference entitlementConference every other year (after completion of 18 months in service) for a minimum of 9 days (not debitable to annual leave entitlement). Basic and transport allowance only (no other allowance is granted for the period involved) with free roundtrip ticket.
- School assistanceQR 21,000 (maximum) per child per academic year up to 3 children (ages 5 years to 18 years of age and provided that they are studying in a private school in Doha), will be reimbursed upon submission of the appropriate receipts and will cover basic tuition fees only.
- BSc in Midwifery or equivalent
Preferred but not essential:
- Masters/PhD in the field of Midwifery
- Three to five years practice in clinical midwifery discipline in acute care setting (labour and delivery).
- Evidence of practising within scope of service which reflects the required Clinical Midwifery Specialist role.
- Knowledge and skill of complex midwifery practice issues.
Ability to work with diversity, navigate complex situations and advocate for patients and families.
- Ability to act as a change agent, problem solver, critical thinker, team and consensus builder.
Evidence of innovation and visionary leadership to advance midwifery practice and patient safety.
- Working knowledge of Performance Improvement Process and international standards.
- Experience working in a midwifery-led unit.
The Clinical Midwifery Specialist:
- Provides expert comprehensive midwifery care liaising with patients and members of multi-disciplinary teams.
- Seeks to apply best practices and use evidence to make informed decisions and plan care, as well as leading the development of clinical practice guidelines and protocols.
- Promotes the use of evidence based practice, provide expert support and consultation and facilitate system change
- Provides leadership and clinical guidance to midwifery staff managing complex patients/populations to improve the quality of care and promote evidence based practice.
- Promotes excellence in midwifery practice through the five main role components of: Clinician, Consultant, Educator, Researcher and Leader.